Monday 23 September 2013

Starlight through night goggles


I really wanted to make a squared ring shawl using the "Starlight in a Bleak night"-pattern. I wanted a light simple bridal shawl, where you could see the stars through a canopy of foliage.

I chose a thin merino wool yarn called Fine Merino to knit this shawl. It is a very lightweight yarn, and it makes an almost invisible lace. I have used this yarn before when knitting the "Thistle"- and the "Dainty chevrons"-shawls, and on My first ring shawl.


I also thought that Mustard would be a nice colour. How wrong I was (as I found out relatively quickly). The colour made the shawl look like you were looking at the night skies through night goggles; all in a kind of yellow green colour. For that reason, I did not make the shawl as large as I initially planned.


Luckily for me, the colour on these pictures lies a little, so it looks better than it really is. No matter what, this patter reminds me that I will always find my way back home no matter how impossible everything seems at the moment (to understand why, read this blog).


No comments:

Post a Comment