Friday 20 April 2012

Flower shawl



Here is a shawl I knitted last fall, which I have called "Flower shawl". The base of the pattern is taken from a design from Heirloom Knitting, called "Daisies shawl". However, I did not like the fringes on the edges of the shawl, so I added a rounded knitted lace edge which I found in Nancy Bushes' book "Knitted Laces of Estonia", which I liked much better.

The shawl is knitted on 4 mm. needles in KidSilk Haze from Rowan. I have used the colour named pearl, which has a beautiful off white tone. KidSilk is a lovely mixture of mohair and silk, which gives the shawl volume even when knitting with such thin yarn on large needles.

This shawl is relatively easy to knit, but it is fun to knit as well, even for the more experienced lace knitters. It was far more fun to knit than I expected, and it is also fast to make. I can truly recommend this pattern. I have written down the pattern (with my lace edging), and you can download it for free HERE. Unfortunately, it is in Norwegian, but with Google translate, it should be possible to follow also by non-Norwegians.

1 comment:

  1. How very pretty! I love the lacy effect. It would be beautiful worn over any color.

    ReplyDelete