Wednesday 1 September 2010

Mini-Annegrete


A colleague of mine was to start in a new job as a consultant. She had been my boss for many years, and now she was going out to conquer the world. To help her in this task, I though she needed a “Mini-Me”, capturing the essence of what she represents. Since I am not able to make a clone (as the original Mini-Me in the Austin Powers movies is), I had to crochet my own version of her (see her picture in the lower left corner).

The doll is based on two free doll patterns by Beth Webber, called "Free Spirit" and "Mini Free Spirit". The patterns are posted, along with many other beautiful patterns, on her blog named “By hock by hand”. The head, hands and feet are from the Mini Free Spirit doll, whereas the body is a variation on the Free Spirit doll. For the hair I used a very flossy yarn, crocheting the wig cap and using my crochet hock to pick out the strands, making a thick nice hair. I hope my colleague will think of us every time she is looking at her Mini-Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment